In this guide, we will show you how to set up your MetaMask wallet for Polygon (formerly Matic Network) in preparation for the UTU Testnet launch.
Hello UTU Trust Guardians!
We are close to launching the UTU Testnet, which will be deployed on Polygon! To take part in testing, you will need to set up Polygon Mumbai testnet on your MetaMask wallet. Once you do this, you can then connect MetaMask to the UTU Protocol Testnet (when it’s live) to participate in testing.
Why are We Building on Polygon?
The UTU protocol rewards you with UTU Trust Token (UTT) for performing trustworthy actions and sharing your data with the protocol. Eventually, we expect to have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of trustworthy actions performed per day on the protocol. So the delivery of UTT rewards needs to be executed on a blockchain network that can handle this type of scale and speed, with low gas fees.
Polygon was a great fit due to its low gas fees, fast transaction speeds, and compatibility with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
How to Set Up Polygon Mumbai Test Network on MetaMask
As you may know, MetaMask is a crypto wallet that allows you to manage your crypto assets and interact with blockchain apps across the decentralized web. Our testnet will initially work with MetaMask only, with other wallets added later.
You’ll need to set up Polygon (Mumbai testnet for UTU’s testnet, and Polygon mainnet to use UTU’s Mainnet eventually) on MetaMask in order to take part in testing of the UTU Protocol.
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to do so.
- If you haven’t already, install the MetaMask browser extension on your preferred browser. Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Edge are all supported.
- Once you have installed the browser extension, you can import an existing wallet or use the account that is automatically created.
- Inside your MetaMask wallet, click the tab that shows “Ethereum Mainnet” at the top right to then click “Add Network”.
- In the new browser tab that appears, enter the following information:
- Network Name: Matic Mumbai
- New RPC URL: https://rpc-mumbai.maticvigil.com/
- Chain ID: 80001
- Currency Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://mumbai.polygonscan.com/
Click Save. You have now connected your MetaMask wallet to Polygon Mumbai testnet!
5. To add Polygon mainnet, repeat steps 3 and 4 with the following information:
- Network Name: Polygon
- New RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- Chain ID: 137
- Currency Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
In order to interact with the UTU Testnet, you will need to get test MATIC tokens from the Polygon Faucet.
We hope you’ll be able to set up Polygon Network on your MetaMask wallet to take part in the UTU Protocol Testnet.
If you run into any issues, reach out to us on Discord for help.
And stay tuned for when the testnet launches.
Thanks for your support!
We hope you enjoyed this article! If you did, please share it with the share buttons below so others can discover it.