In 2020, we had successful fundraises, launched our DeFi Portal, forged a bunch of partnerships, and more!
Hello UTU Trust Guardians, welcome to the 2nd edition of the UTU Update! Phew! 2020 has been a year to remember, to say the least…
In this update, we’re going to recap the major events that have happened with UTU in 2020.
Most of the activity started in September, and here’s what we’ve accomplished in that short amount of time.
If you’d like to view this update in video form, scroll down to the end of this article.
In September, we raised funds from prominent investment firms such as One Block Capital, Moonrock Capital, DuckDAO, and others.
We followed that up with successful token sales in October.
We now have a strong war chest to develop our products and grow the UTU ecosystem across the world.
There is a very relevant African proverb that said:
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
We can’t build the entire UTU ecosystem alone, and we forged many important partnerships to help grow.
- We partnered with prominent blockchain protocols such as Elrond and Matic to extend UTU’s trust engine to their chains.
- We’re working with Travala, CryptoTask, AMPnet, and many others to increase trust on their platforms.
- We’re collaborating with many fintech companies such as Maple Finance, BitLipa, and others to increase access to loans and capital.
- And we got listed on Bibox and Hotbit exchanges to increase holders of $UTU.
Check out our ecosystem below. There will be many more partnerships to come!
UTU liquidity mining program
We launched the UTU liquidity mining program to increase liquidity of $UTU and reward liquidity providers for doing so.
We just extended this program to January 31, so you can earn UTU for at least another month!
UTU DeFi Portal
Even though blockchain is trustless, DeFi certainly is not.
The number of DeFi platforms has exploded, and it’s tough to decipher which are legitimate or risky to put your money into.
So we’ve applied our trust infrastructure and released the first version of the UTU DeFi Portal to help you identify DeFi protocols that are trustworthy to interact with.
It’s early days for this product, and we will certainly continue to develop it to increase trust in DeFi.
Improvements to UTU Trust API and SDK
We made significant improvements to the UTU Trust API and SDK, such as:
- We added more relationship types to model different types of transactions.
- Created the trust feedback model.
- Made it easier for customers to integrate our trust algorithms into their systems and apps.
This our core product, so of course we will continue to improve upon it and make it easier for our customers to integrate it.
What a year 2020 was! We made so much progress, and there’s much more to come in 2021.
Stay tuned for new and better products, more customers and partnerships, and much more!
Thanks so much for your support! Happy New Year!